The Governing Body’s Key Role & Responsibilities:
The Governing Body’s has a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff, and
- Overseeing the financial management of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Aims of the School and the Role of the Governing Body
- Raise the educational achievement of all its pupils for both National Curriculum subjects and Religious Studies.
- Ensure the happiness and wellbeing of all our children
- Ensuring adherence to all the DfE and LA requirements
- Islamic Ethos is maintained, as guided by the Qur’aan and Sunnah.
- Ensuring the vision of “excellence in education, values and community links” is adhered to and enhanced.
The Structure of our Sub Committees
We have three subcommittees. These include:
|2||Curriculum and Achievement Committee (C&A)|
|3||Pupils, Parents and Community Committee (PPC)|
For further details on our governering body members, please click on the link: Orchard governor information
|Names of Governors||Category||Committee Member||Pecuniary Interests||Governance at other Schools||Family members employed at school|
|1||Anise Jussab||Foundation||Resources||Gatton VA (Associate Governor)||N/A|
|4||Ayaz Niazi||Foundation||Resources||Al-Risalah Trust||Gatton VA||N/A|
|5||Alison Hatt||Foundation||C&A ( Chair)/PPC (Chair)||N/A|
|6||Shaeena Valimahomed||Foundation||PPC||Ableband Ltd (family member director)||N/A|
|7||Ml Maksud Gangat||Foundation||C&A/PPC/Resources (Chair)||Al-Risalah Trust||Gatton VA||N/A|
|9||Fatima Zara Ali||School staff||N/A|
NOTE: Foundation governors are appointed by the foundation body of the School – The Al-Risalah Education Trust
Individual governor profiles will be posted on our website soon.